Schools are expected operate normally wherever feasible and we will only resort to closure or early closure in exceptional circumstances. In the unlikely event that we need to close our school due to adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstance, we will make a decision as soon as possible and preferably before 8.30a.m. in the morning. We will need to take the following into account:
- State of pathways, steps and slopes around the school
- Condition of roads and pathways in the local area
- If the school's heating, lighting and water is working correctly
- Whether catering can be provided
- Availability of public transport and school coaches
- Weather forecast
Every effort will be made to inform parents/carers and the local authority at the earliest opportunity. This will be done in in the following order:
- Sending a text message to all parents to say the school is closed.
- Putting a message on this website
- Informing the Staffs County Council website. You can log in here to check if we are open: School Closures
- Local radio stations will use the information from the SCC to broadcast which schools are closed.
Please make sure you have checked all these before you ring school. If there is a current closure notification from any of the above, you do not need to ring school to check the validity.