Personnel and Pupils' Committee
Remit for the Personnel and Pupils' Committee
- Set the school’s staffing level
- Formulate and review the schools staffing structure
- Review and develop staffing policies; e.g. procedures for selection and appointment of staff, professional development, equal opportunities and the well-being of staff and pupils
- Review and adopt local authority and trust policies as appropriate
- Agree the membership and procedures for staff appointments, and to carry out selection based on the agreed procedure
- Monitor the school’s procedure for staff development
- Monitor the school’s support for NQTs
- Submit annually to the finance committee costings for the proposed staffing levels.
- Organisation of Governor Induction and the monitoring of Governor’s terms of office.
- Monitoring Child Protection polices and the DBS process in School
- Monitor the School’s Pastoral System
- Review attendance levels for staff and pupils.
- All other matters regarding school personnel as they arise.
- To receive reports and information on the Appraisal Policy and Processes