Welcome to Year 2
Year 2 Staff
Class 2G: Miss Perry and Mrs Burke.
Class 2B: Mrs Hayden and Mrs Tricker
Class 2R: Mrs Wright and Mrs Milton
We have had a fabulous start to the new academic year. All children have settled in well to their new classrooms. We are very excited for the year ahead!
Thank you to everybody who has brought in their 'Big Building' family projects. They are amazing! We have enjoyed sharing these in class. We will still welcome any other projects during this half term.
Please ensure your child brings a named water bottle each day.
Please ensure all uniform and PE kits are clearly named. Your child will need an indoor and an outdoor PE kit. Any old joggers, jumpers, and trainers will be fine to use.
Reading -We recommend that your child changes their reading at least once a week. It is great that some children are changing their books more frequently. Look out for our new class story sacks which might be coming home with you soon!
Spellings - A weekly list of spellings will be sent home on a Friday for the following Friday.
Maths - If we feel your child needs specific support on a concept we will send something home to help.
This week in Year 2
We have had a busy week learning new things and trying new skills.
- We have learned to make brown and have made a brick with many differnt shades of brown.
- We have had our very first spelling test
- We have been adding the correct punctuation to sentences that had got jumbled
- We all thought carefully about esafety this week
- We enjoyed some new music with Mrs Wright
- We played a new game in PE
- We have written about some big buildings
- We tried to Beat That in Maths
- We have been adding 10 to 2 digit numbers
- We have all chosen a reading book and started to change them ourselves
- We all tried hard to earn more golden minutes.
Phew what a lot we have done!
All of Year 2: Monday- Indoor PE
2G: Tuesday- Outdoor PE
2R and 2B: Wednesday- Outdoor PE
Please can earrings be removed or ensure your child is able to do this independently.