Y1 Home Learning w/c: 08.02.21
Please find below the home learning information and links below for wk beginning: 08.02.21.
Home Learning: (wk beginning: 08.02.2021)
English - Can you resolve the riddle?
This week in English the children will be applying their previously taught learning to create riddles and instructions. They will be working on applying their SPAG knowledge within their work and focussing on using question marks within their writing.
Lesson 1 - WALT: understand and apply using a question mark.
Lesson 2 - WALT: write a riddle.
Lesson 3 - WALT: write a riddle.
Lesson 4 - WALT: write instruction sentences.
Please see below/attachments for voice over presentations.
Mathematics - Number and Place Value to 50 (WRMH)
Lesson 1 - WALT: find one more or one less with numbers up to 50.
Lesson 2 - WALT: compare objects within 50.
Lesson 3 - WALT: compare numbers up to 50 (practical).
Lesson 4 - WALT: compare number up to 50.
Topic - Love is in the air + William Shrewsbury Challenge Day!
- Can you name the different types of houses that are in our local area using the correct vocabulary?
- Can you tell someone your address and the type of house that you live in?
- Can you name the different types of jobs people do in your family?
- Can you ask people questions about their job?
- Can you draw a picture of a family member in their uniform and write about their job?
- How can we be safe on the Internet? BBC Teach Live Lesson (Tuesday at 11am).
- Can you use warm and cool colours within a piece of artwork?
- Can you complete a Valentines Day challenge?
Please use Discovery Education Espresso for age appropriate videos and online activities.
Username: student27621 Password: coding
PSHE - During this week we are revisiting people that are special to us because we are coming up to Valentines Day. As Valentines Day is a time for thinking about people who are special to us. Can you draw some who is special to you and give it to them whilst telling them why they are special to you.
Phonics - Please see your child's home phonics folder for specific sounds and tricky sight words that you child needs to learn. All other resources are on the Phonics page within the Year 1 class page. Please see 'useful websites' for any other guidance.