Y1 Home Learning w/c: 22.02.21
Please find below the home learning information and links below for wk beginning: 22.02.21.
Home Learning: (wk beginning: 22.02.2021)
English - The Koala Who Could
This half-term in English we will be exploring our new text - The Koala Who Could by Rachel Bright. This is a funny rhyming story about dealing with change and overcoming worries.
Story Read Aloud - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FGMHKaxjrQ
Lesson 1 - WALT: make predictions.
Lesson 2 - WALT: make predictions and use conjunctions.
Lesson 3 - WALT: make predictions and use conjunctions.
Lesson 4 - WALT: make predictions and use conjunctions.
Please see below/attachments for voice over presentations.
Mathematics - Measurement (Length and Height) (WRMH)
Lesson 1 - WALT: compare lengths.
Lesson 2 - WALT: compare heights.
Lesson 3 - WALT: compare length and height.
Lesson 4 - WALT: measure length and height (1).
Topic - Animals All Around!
- Can you describe carnivores and what do they eat?
- Can you describe herbivores and what do they eat?
- Can you describe omnivores and what do they eat?
- Can you identify and classify different animals based on their diet?
- Can you explain seasonal changes in Spring?
- What do you notice about the weather at the moment?
- Can you draw and label the weather outside from sitting at your window?
- What do you know about aboriginal art?
- Can you create a piece of aboriginal art?
Please use Discovery Education Espresso for age appropriate videos and online activities.
Username: student27621 Password: coding
PSHE - This half-term we are going to be exploring the theme of Media literacy and Digital resilience. This focusses on using the internet and digital devices, and how we communicate online. Please have a discussion with your child using the questions below and note down what they say.
- How and why people use the internet?
- What is the internet?
- What digital devices do I use and why?
Phonics - Please see your child's home phonics folder for specific sounds and tricky sight words that you child needs to learn. All other resources are on the Phonics page within the Year 1 class page. Please see 'useful websites' for any other guidance.
World Book Day!
Why not start our World Book Day Challenge Countdown? Please email your photos to us as we would love to share them on our school Twitter page!