Y1 Home Learning w/c: 01.03.21
Please find below the home learning information and links below for wk beginning: 01.03.21.
English - The Koala Who Could
This half-term in English we will be exploring our new text - The Koala Who Could by Rachel Bright. This is a funny rhyming story about dealing with change and overcoming worries.
Story Read Aloud - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FGMHKaxjrQ
Lesson 1 - WALT: compose sentences for a purpose.
Lesson 2 - WALT: compose sentences for a purpose.
Lesson 3 - WALT: compose sentences for a purpose.
Lesson 4 - WALT: compose sentences for a purpose.
Please see below/attachments for voice over presentations.
Mathematics - Measurement (Length and Height) (WRMH)
Lesson 1 - WALT: measure length.
Lesson 2 - WALT: use a ruler.
Lesson 3 - WALT: measure length and height.
Lesson 4 - WALT: add and subtract lengths.
Topic - Shapes, Shapes and More Shapes!
- Can you describe carnivores, herbivores and omnivores?
- Can you identify and classify different animals based on their diet?
- What do you think a vertebrate is?
- What do you think an invertebrate is?
- Could you draw and label a vertebrate and invertebrate?
- What shapes can you see in aboriginal art?
- Can you create a piece of aboriginal art with only shapes you know?
- Can you label and sort the shapes in a piece of aboriginal art?
- Can you draw a picture of your friend only using shapes?
Please use Discovery Education Espresso for age appropriate videos and online activities.
Username: student27621 Password: coding
PSHE - This half-term we are going to be exploring the theme of Media literacy and Digital resilience. This focusses on using the Internet and digital devices, and how we communicate online. Please have a discussion with your child using the questions below and note down what they say.
- How do you use the Internet?
- Can you draw and describe your favourite thing you have seen on the Internet?
- What is your favourite/most used digital device in your house?
Phonics - Please see your child's home phonics folder for specific sounds and tricky sight words that you child needs to learn. All other resources are on the Phonics page within the Year 1 class page. Please see 'useful websites' for any other guidance.