Y1 Home Learning w/c: 15.03.21
Please find below the home learning information and links below for wk beginning: 15.03.21.
English - Oak National Academy
Discussion: should animals be kept in zoos?
We will hear a discussion about whether animals should be kept in zoos or not. We will also think about some other discussion questions and reasons for and against. We will story map and step and speak a discussion. We will explore how to give reasons for and against an argument and then role play these opinions in a discussion.
Story Read Aloud - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FGMHKaxjrQ
Lesson 1 - WALT: box up for a purpose.
Lesson 2 - WALT: identify features of a discussion.
Lesson 3 - WALT: write a discussion (1).
Lesson 4 - WALT: write a discussion (2).
EXT Lesson 5 - WALT: write a discussion (3).
Mathematics - Weight and Mass (White Rose)
White Rose Lessons (Web Link) - Please see attachments at the bottom of the page for printable resources.
Lesson 1 - WALT: introduce weight and mass (activity).
Lesson 2 - WALT: introduce weight and mass.
Lesson 3 - WALT: measure mass.
Lesson 4 - WALT: compare mass.
Topic - Our World and Animals:
- Can you draw our planet and can you label all of the different continents and our oceans?
- Can you produce a fact file about our planet?
- Can you produce a fact file about a carnivore?
- Can you produce a fact file about an omnivore?
- Can you produce a fact file about a herbivore?
- Can you draw and label your favourite animal?
- Can you put together a meal plan for your animal?
- Can you create a care plan for your animal?
- Could you design a new creature that could exist on our planet?
Please use Discovery Education Espresso for age appropriate videos and online activities.
Username: student27621 Password: coding
PSHE - This half-term we are going to be exploring the theme of Media literacy and Digital resilience. This focusses on using the Internet and digital devices, and how we communicate online. Please have a discussion with your child using the questions below and note down what they say.
- How can I be kind both in person and on the Internet?
- Should I always be honest and why?
- Who can help me when I need some help or something doesn't feel right when I am on a device?
Phonics - Please see your child's home phonics folder for specific sounds and tricky sight words that you child needs to learn. All other resources are on the Phonics page within the Year 1 class page. Please see 'useful websites' for any other guidance.
Alternatively please explore Letters and Sounds videos from the Department of Education (DfE).