Y1 Home Learning w/c: 19.04.21
Please find below the home learning information and links below for wk beginning: 19.04.21.
Home Learning: (wk beginning: 19.04.2021)
English - The Wind in the Willows (Usborne Picture Book)
This half-term in English we will be exploring our new text - The Wind in the Willows. Mole, Ratty, Badger and the infamous Mr Toad love nothing more than messing around on the river. But when Mr Toad develops an obsession with motor vehicles, will his friends be able to help before he loses everything? Delightful retelling of the much loved tale of Mole, Ratty and Mr Toad. The simple and engaging text is accompanied by the charming illustrations of Mauro Evangelista.
Story Read Aloud - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11VIU3IKg2o
Lesson 1 - WALT: write good quality descriptive sentences.
Lesson 2 - WALT: write a prediction.
Lesson 3 - WALT: write good quality descriptive sentences (places).
Lesson 4 - WALT: write good quality descriptive sentences (characters).
Please see below/attachments for resources.
Mathematics - Spring Activity Week (White Rose)
White Rose Lessons (Web Link) - Please see attachments at the bottom of the page for printable resources.
Activity 1: Chocolate Eggs.
Activity 2: Animals.
Activity 3: Flowers.
Activity 4: Weather.
Activity 5: Spring Fun.
Topic - Percy the Park Keeper!
- Can you go and explore your garden and go on a hunt and see what you can find?
- Can you write down all of the information you already know about plants and what you would find in your garden?
- Can you bake something with a family member i.e. apple pie?
- Can you create a set of instructions for baking something?
- Can you follow a simple set of instructions to create anything in the world?
- Can you draw using only a pencil?
- Can you tell an adult what you like, dislike and improve about your drawing?
- Can you now sit for a long period of time and create an observational drawing of a plant in your house or garden?
Please use Discovery Education Espresso for age appropriate videos and online activities.
Username: student27621 Password: coding
RSHE: Physical Health and Mental Well-Being
WALT: understand what keeping healthy means; different ways to keep healthy.
- What choices do we have about things we say and do?
- How can these choices affect how we feel?
Phonics - Please see your child's home phonics folder for specific sounds and tricky sight words that you child needs to learn. All other resources are on the Phonics page within the Year 1 class page. Please see 'useful websites' for any other guidance.
Alternatively please explore Letters and Sounds videos from the Department of Education (DfE).
Please enter some content for your news story here.