Y1 Home Learning w/c: 26.04.21
Please find below the home learning information and links below for wk beginning: 26.04.21.
Home Learning: (wk beginning: 26.04.2021)
English - The Wind in the Willows (Usborne Picture Book)
This half-term in English we will be exploring our new text - The Wind in the Willows. Mole, Ratty, Badger and the infamous Mr Toad love nothing more than messing around on the river. But when Mr Toad develops an obsession with motor vehicles, will his friends be able to help before he loses everything? Delightful retelling of the much loved tale of Mole, Ratty and Mr Toad. The simple and engaging text is accompanied by the charming illustrations of Mauro Evangelista.
Story Read Aloud - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11VIU3IKg2o
Lesson 1 - WALT: write a report.
Lesson 2 - WALT: write a report.
Lesson 3 - WALT: write descriptive sentences.
Lesson 4 - WALT: write descriptive sentences.
Lesson 5 - WALT: write a simple retell of a story.
Please see below/attachments for resources.
Mathematics - Multiplication and Division (White Rose)
White Rose Lessons (Web Link) - Please see attachments at the bottom of the page for printable resources.
Lesson 1 - WALT: make equal groups.
Lesson 2 - WALT: adding equal groups.
Lesson 3 - WALT: make arrays (activity).
Lesson 4 - WALT: make arrays.
Lesson 5 - WALT: make doubles.
Topic - Let's go Plant a Plant!
- Can you go into your garden and take photographs of as many plants that you can find?
- Can you label the different parts of these plants?
- Can you create an observational drawing of these plants?
- Can you create a leaf rubbing?
- Can you name the different parts of the plants from your memory?
- Can you plant some seeds and watch them grow?
- Do you know what a plant needs to survive?
- Can you create a small informational leaflet about what plants need in order to survive?
Please use Discovery Education Espresso for age appropriate videos and online activities.
Username: student27621 Password: coding
RSHE: E-Safety and Friends
- Who is it okay to communicate with online?
- What makes a great friend?
- How do you know a person is a friend?
- What would you want in a friend?
- Who are you friends and family?
Phonics - Please see your child's home phonics folder for specific sounds and tricky sight words that you child needs to learn. All other resources are on the Phonics page within the Year 1 class page. Please see 'useful websites' for any other guidance.
Alternatively please explore Letters and Sounds videos from the Department of Education (DfE).