Y1 Home Learning w/c: 18.10.21
Please find below the home learning information and links below for wk beginning: 18.10.21.
Home Learning: (wk beginning: 18.10.2021)
English - Free Write Week
This week the children will be writing about what ever they choose. They could write a character description or a simple retell.
If the children would like to write about The Jolly Postman please use the story read aloud below to allow them to refresh their memories.
Story Read Aloud -
- Can you write a book review all about your favourite story from the Jolly Postman - Traditional Tales.
- Can you write some simple sentences to describe a character from the Jolly Postman?
- Can you write a simple postcard to the Giant just like Jack did?
- Can you write some gruesome sentences to excite the witch?
There is also Halloween themed writing which can be found in the attachments below.
Alternatively you could follow the learning experiences through the Oak National Academy and work on a lesson per day - https://classroom.thenational.academy/units/how-butterflies-came-to-be-7a0c. Why not write about how butterflies came to be!
Please see below/attachments for resources.
Mathematics - Addition and Subtraction (White Rose)
White Rose Lessons (Web Link) - Please see attachments at the bottom of the page for printable resources.
Lesson 1 - WALT: understand fact families.
Lesson 2 - WALT: find number bonds within 10.
Lesson 3 - WALT: understand systematic number bonds.
Lesson 4 - WALT: number bonds to 10.
Topic - All about Me!
This week we are going to be thinking all about ourselves.
- Draw a picture of yourself and surround it with all the information that you know about you.
- Draw your favourite people and toys and label them with simple captions.
- List 10 things about you and list 10 things about your family.
- Make a collage of all of your favourite things to do.
- Do something that you love to do for 30 minutes and then see how it makes you feel.
- Make a simple video all about you using age appropriate technology.
Please also explore the resource about the Zones of Regulation attached at the bottom of the page. Currently, we are working through the Zones of Regulation as a school and the children should be familiar with the different colour emotions. Have a chat with your child about their feelings and see what colour they think they are in.
Please use Discovery Education Espresso for age appropriate videos and online activities.
Username: student27621 Password: coding
Mindfulness: Choose some music that you really love doing in your home and dedicate 20 minutes a day to having some music listening time for you. This could be some upbeat music, some calming music or some music you and your family just love to listen to. Record how different pieces make you feel.
Phonics - Please see your child's home phonics folder for specific sounds and tricky sight words that your child needs to learn. All other resources are on the Phonics page within the Year 1 class page. Please see 'useful websites' for any other guidance.
Recap Sounds of the Week!
Please explore the video based phonics lessons below that we have created.
/igh/ for night - https://www.loom.com/share/5853e6dbffb147d7bf1fe6e32cbd046d
/air/ for chair - https://www.loom.com/share/04eac9af21fa4c5c94f931d8d9711979
/er/ for rubber - https://www.loom.com/share/8d7845c1fe7c4069ac64b7c2fa67e2fe
Alternatively please explore Letters and Sounds videos from the Department of Education (DfE).