Y1 Home Learning WC 31.01.22
Please find below the home learning information and links below for wk beginning: 31.01.22
Home Learning: (wk beginning: 31.01.2022)
English - Retelling George and the Dragon.
Following our book based curriculum our book for this half-term is ‘George and the Dragon by Chris Wormell’. This story involves lots of pictures and simple dialogue that the children can explore. Please use the read aloud story to explore this wonderful text with your child at home.
Story Read Aloud (George and the Dragon): https://youtu.be/3Dejq-XAOY4
Lesson 1 - WALT: show interest in different styles of literature.
Lesson 2 -
- Reading WALT: understand vocabulary in context.
- Writing WALT: plan and make a new home for a character.
Lesson 3 -
- Reading - WALT: apply new vocabulary in context.
- Writing - WALT: write good quality persuasion sentences.
Lesson 4 -
- Reading - WALT: sequence a familiar story.
- Writing - WALT: plan a retell of a familiar story.
Please see below/attachments for voice over presentations.
Mathematics - Place Value to 50 (WRMH)
This week we will be learning to understand place values using lots of different representations. We will be splitting numbers and using 10 frames / part whole models to help us with our learning.
Lesson 1 - WALT: understand 10's and ones.
Lesson 2 - WALT: represent numbers to 50.
Lesson 3 - WALT: one more one less (first part of worksheet).
Lesson 4 - WALT: compare objects within 50
Topic - Me and My Local Area.
This week we are learning about materials (revisit) in science and all my local area.
- Can you sort different materials by their properties, are they soft, hard, scratchy etc?
- Can you go on a journey with Ted the Teddy Bear around Stretton (virtually) and make a list of places that he goes?
- Can you find and research information about castles?
- Can you mix primary colours to make secondary colours?
- Can you create an inspired piece of artwork about something that you love?
- Can you remember any of your knowledge about the changes that happen during different seasons?
Please use Discovery Education Espresso for age appropriate videos and online activities.
Username: student27621 Password: coding
PSHE - Why not take 10 minutes break for yourself and do something that you love! That could be: read a story, meditate, go for a walk or just sit in silence and do absolutely nothing. This week is about how I can care for myself and what I can do to lift my spirits.
Phonics - Please see your child's home phonics folder for specific sounds and tricky sight words that you child needs to learn. All other resources are on the Phonics page within the Year 1 class page. Please see 'useful websites' for any other guidance.