Year 2 Home Learning w.b 25.1.21
Information regarding Home Learning for Year 2 children. Week beginning 25.1.21
Please check this page each day for new home learning videos.
Each day we will upload:
- 1x Maths lesson with appropriate resources
- 1x English lesson with appropriate resources
- 1x Phonics/spelling lesson
- 1x topic lesson
You can email completed work to your child's class teacher:
Miss Perry- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Wright- email@example.com
Mrs Bell- firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIDAY 29th JANUARY 2021- Another Friday!!!!
Wake Up Shake Up- I like to move it move it!
Reading- Can you find a non fiction book to enjoy? Please follow this LINK to access a free oxford owl e-library. Login: Username: year1ws Password: william
Phonics-Phase 6 Lesson 4
Today's Topic Lesson: PSHE Lesson 3
Drawing fun: Draw with Rob!
Story time: Storytime with Mrs Tricker!
ARCHIVE- Lessons from previous days are here!
THURSDAY 28th JANUARY 2021
Today's Topic Lesson: RE Lesson 3
WEDNESDAY 27th JANUARY
Phonics-Lesson 2: le,el words
Today's Topic Lesson: Art Lesson 2
TUESDAY 26TH JANUARY 2021
MONDAY 25TH JANUARY 2021- Snow Day!
A message from Mr Heald for more information about the day (Loom Link).
We would LOVE for you to have fun in the snow today, and send us a report all about what you get up to. This could be pictures, written, a video, draw pictures...
Here are a few ideas of what you could do today...
English - Letters in the snow.
- Can you write the alphabet or your phonics sounds in the snow?
- Can you write words or sentences in the snow?
- Can you write a secret snow message?
- Can you write your name in the snow?
Maths - Snow Towers and Snow Sculpture.
- Why not create a 10 frame using snowballs! What numbers can you create with snowballs and other items.
- Play a game of Snowman Drive (Google Drive).
- KS1 Challenge - Can you build a snow creation or sculpture? Please take a photo of your sculpture with you next to it and see if you can make it taller than you. Send in your photos to your class teacher and the winner will get a PRIZE!
Topic - Snow Day related ideas:
You could use our snow day bingo mat or choose as many of the activities below to have a go at (Google Drive).
- Dress up in some warm clothes.
- Build a snowman.
- Go sledging.
- Throw a snowball at a target.
- Make a snow angel.
- Build a blanket fort to keep warm.
- Read a book with a snowy setting.
- Drink warm drinks.
- Feed the birds.
- Take a photograph so that you can cherish the memories of your snow day.
Drawing Fun- Draw with Rob - a Snowman!!!!
Story time- One Snowy Night by Nick Butterworth Read by Mrs Kirk. A perfect story for a snowy day.