Returning to School - Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 children
We are all looking forward to seeing more of the children as they gradually start to return to school next week.
School will be a very different place and while we usually try to be flexible, we hope that you will understand that we will all now need to stick very rigidly to the plans we have put in place in order to keep everyone safe.
Who is coming to school?
The children of key workers who have already registered will be coming in and be in separate groups to the other children. We currently have no more capacity to admit further key worker children.
Children from Years R, 1 and 6 whose parents requested a place through our questionnaire will be returning. Parents who have changed their minds and would now like their children to attend have until 4pm on Friday 12th June to let us know so that their children can start from Monday 22nd of June. If more children attend, the bubbles may need to operate on a ‘week on, week off’ basis so this will give us time to give notice to the parents of children who are already going to attend so that they can change their work arrangements in advance.
When will they be returning?
- Key workers’ children from Wednesday 3rd June
- Year 6 children from Monday 8th June
- Year 1 from Wednesday 10th June
- Reception from Monday 15th June
How will the beginning and end of the school day be organised?
Because all staff will now be in school and because the vehicle entrance and exits will be used to create one-way pedestrian pathways, parents will no longer be able to bring their cars into the school car park. Timings for the beginning and end of the school day will be staggered in order to maintain social distancing. Children should not be allowed to walk to school without a parent and parents should come to the school gates to register their children each morning with the senior leader on duty.
The times and places are as follows:
- Key Workers’ children – front door as they have done already from 8.50am - 9.00am
- Year 6 – Large junior gate to playground from 9.00am - 9.10am
- Years 1 and Reception Infant gate from 9.15 - 9.25am
One way routes and 2 metre social distancing will be in operation at the gate. Parents must wait with children until they have been registered.
- At the end of the day, Year 1 and Reception pupils will be collected at 3.15pm. Teachers will take the children onto the KS1 playground. Parents will enter via the junior pedestrian gate and walk through the KS2 playground, collect their children from the KS1 playground and leave via the infant pedestrian gate at a distance of 2 metres at all times.
- Key worker pupils will be picked up at 3.15pm and 3.20pm. Teachers will take the children to the Main Hall and send them from there. However, due to high numbers, KS1 key worker pupils will be sent out at 3.15pm and KS2 key worker pupils will be sent at 3.20pm to avoid having too many children in the hall at the same time. Parents will collect the children from the door at the bottom of the ramp and leave by the car park gate.
- Year 6 pupils will be picked up from the KS2 playground at 3.30pm. The teachers will take their ‘bubbles’ and stand on the playground. Parents will wait in a queue at the large junior gate spaced 2 metres apart and their child will be sent to them. They will then follow the same path as in the morning and leave through the car park gate.
What should I do if my child will not be attending school?
If we are expecting your child to attend on a certain day but they will not be coming in for any reason, please email the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us to let us know.
If your child or anyone in your family is displaying symptoms of Covid 19, please let us know immediately and do not send your child into school. If any child or adult within a bubble is confirmed to have contracted Covid 19, we will let the parents of all the children in that bubble know and they may not attend school for 14 days.
To ensure that all of our bubbles remain safe please be punctual when dropping off and collecting your child.
What are the dinner arrangements?
All Reception, Year 1 and Y2 children and children in the juniors who are entitled to free school meals will be provided with a ‘grab bag’ (commencing on the 8th June) containing sandwiches, whole pieces of fruit, either a cake or a biscuit, a yoghurt and a drink. All other children, including those in Nursery, should bring in a healthy packed lunch. Children will be asked about their preference of sandwich at the beginning of each day. They will be able to choose from Ham or Cheese sandwich or a Tuna mayonnaise or Egg mayonnaise wrap - see menu.
What will children need to bring into school with them?
Please ensure the children have the following items in a small bag:
- Their lunch box if they need one
- A full water bottle
- A waterproof coat with a hood if there is any chance that it may rain (we will be taking the children out unless the rain is torrential)
- Sun cream and a hat if there is any chance there may be sun!! Sun cream can be applied before school.
Please ensure all items are clearly named.
Please do not send in any other items. We will provide all the stationery that they will need.
Please see below some social stories that might help your children (Rec, Y1 and Y6) prepare for returning to school in their ‘bubble’.