Year 1 SEND Home Learning
SEND Home Learning Ideas for Year 1
- Practise number formation to 10 using; shaving foam, paint, flour, play dough, cornflour and water, coloured cooked spaghetti
- Find/dig for numbers to 10; number hunt around the house/garden, number hidden in sand/shaving foam
- Using paint, crayons, chalk, pencils and old wall paper to mark make and practise pencil grip to form numbers.
- Oder numbers to 10
- Hunt and say phase two letter sounds.
- Match initial sounds to house objects
- Match house objects to initial sounds
- Create cvc words using magnetic letters or letter cards. Use picture prompts of (cat, dog, cup, mat, pop, can.. etc.)
- Phonics speed trail game
- Digging in the sand to find letters. Can you find the letter D for dragon
- Practise letter formation using; shaving foam, paint, flour, playdough, cornflour and water, coloured cooked spaghetti.
- Say and hold a simple sentence to describe what George looks like.
- Say and hold a simple sentence to describe what the dragon looks like.
- Explore (virtually) Windsor castle http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/launch_vt_windsor_castle.shtml
- Use junk modelling to create your own castle.
- Use natural materials to create the tallest and strongest tower. Which material is better?
- Listen to the Grande old Duke of York: March to the beat. Can you recite some of the poem
- Play with small world castle, knight, dragon and dungeons
- homemade rubbery goop using bi-carbonate soda, water and flour)
- Primary colour experiment using hands and big paper
- Colourful spaghetti worms
Find more at https://www.learning4kids.net/