Welcome to the Year 6 Information page
Autumn Term, Week 4: Year 6 have settled back into school now and we are delighted to have most of them learning with us in class every day. There are a number of resources here on the year group webpage and on Google classroom which can help your child with their learning and organisation:
- we have posted Knowledge Mats for our Autumn term topics in the links to the left which are a useful resource for you to discuss your child's learning with them at home. These will be updated as the year progresses.
- our Meet the Teacher presentation can also be found in the links to the left and, with your child's Google classroom login, you will be able to view a video of the teachers talking through it.
- Recommended Reads for Year 6 are also posted in the links to the left.
- Homework for this term (at least) is all being posted on Google Classroom (information about accessing it can be found below). Children should be learning their spellings and completing both Reading and Maths homework every week, ready to go through them with their teacher and have a spelling test on Friday. We recommend that they attempt their homework early in the week so that they can ask us for support in plenty of time if needed. Please do not send your child in with their completed homework, nor does it need to be submitted electronically. If you want to review their work with them at home, answers will be posted at the end of each week.
- in the event that your child needs to stay at home, awaiting a COVID-19 test result or self-isolating, you will also find Home Learning tasks on our Google Classroom. If your child is well enough to do them, these will help them to keep up with the rest of their class in our Foundation Subjects and with reading our class texts. Should whole classes need to be sent home at a later date, we will also post additional English and Maths work here.
We hope that you and your children will find these resources helpful to support them with their learning. If you have any difficulties accessing them, then please contact us via email on the following addresses:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (6R)
Best wishes from The Year 6 Team
(Mrs Wellman, Mr Riley, Mrs Poynton, Dr Welchman,
Mrs Stanyon, Mrs Beckwith and Mrs Herbert)
Accessing Google Classroom for homework and home learning tasks: all children have been provided with a school Google login and password. This is in the form of email@example.com, where 'a' is their first initial and 'other' is their surname. This will allow them to login to google.com and access the Year 6 class on the school's Google Classroom:
Here they can see posts from the teachers (and respond with comments as needed).
If you click on Classwork at the top of the screen (as shown above), you will find weekly assignments for Maths and English homework as well as home learning tasks provided for any children needing to self-isolate.